With decades of experience from ground level operations all the way up to senior executive level, Portside’s team of qualified professionals are well positioned to provide the full spectrum of services required by this unique industry. Terminal operating procedures and processes (vessel and landside) including cargo handling, as well as systems and strategies to enhance operational performance are the cornerstone of the Portside’s services.
Portside latest innovation is the Top Reach Spreader© (AUS Patent 2015101008). Generation I of this unit has been commissioned and is in production. This unique piece of equipment provides the ability to increase the lifting height of existing cranes, reducing operational delays, increasing revenue and most importantly reducing the capital cost of crane modifications.
Amongst several running contracts in 2016, Portside managed Australia’s largest port, West Swanson Terminal Melbourne (DPWA) while the company carried out an executive search for a new port General Manager. Portside is also presently managing Port Botany Sydney (DPWA) which has 700 employees and handles 1 million TEU per year.
The following are examples of the company’s capabilities within this sector:
- Review of existing studies including terminal demand profiles and trade studies
- Market gap analysis
- Terminal operations analysis
- Desktop design including high level opex costing, manpower profiles, equipment profiles and terminal area requirements
- Port operations modelling
- World best environment practice solutions in container bulk handling
- Automation solutions (AGV, auto/manned straddles, ASC’s etc)
- Terminal operating system solution appraisals
- CAPEX and OPEX modelling including lifecycle costing